According to Attahullah Khogyani, the spokesman for the governor of Nangarhar province, a suicide vehicle bomb first exploded outside the building of the provincial finance directorate in the country's eastern city of Jalalabad, after which the attackers stormed the building.
Governor Spokesman Attaullah Khogyani told Pajhwok Afghan News nine people have been killed and 39 others injured so far in the attack.
On May 6, an explosion at a mosque in the eastern Afghan province of Khost killed at least 10 people and wounded 29.
He said security forces killed six of the attackers after two of them carried out suicide attacks near the building's entrance. It was the latest deadly violence to strike Afghanistan as militant groups step up attacks and US-backed Afghan forces intensify air strikes and ground offensives. Witnesses said the explosions had caused carnage among passers-by.
A public office in eastern Afghanistan came under an armed attack on Sunday, officials said.
Palestinian killed and 400 wounded in latest Gaza protest
The military aggression, which ended on August 26, 2014, killed almost 2,200 Palestinians. Only Romania, Paraguay and Guatemala have announced similar moves since Trump's decision.
MELOVIN will perform first at the Eurovision song contest 2018
No country can vote for its own contestant. "I think it is very cheerful, it is more about this than the songs". The Eurovision Song Contest 2018 is being held in Lisbon and will be shown on the BBC and across the world.
Dustin Johnson headlines crowded leaderboard at Players Championship
I'm sure he was nervous playing that hole. "If I don't, someone's going to pass me, which is OK". Koepka, who said he had his hand in ice all Wednesday night, was asked why he didn't withdraw.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the attack.
Security forces have cordoned off the area for precautionary measures. Officials are concerned that a low voter turnout will undermine the credibility of the poll.
Nine journalists, including AFP's chief photographer in Kabul Shah Marai, were among the 25 people killed in a double suicide blast claimed by IS in the capital on 30 April.
Afghan security forces have struggled to combat the Taliban and ISIS since the U.S. and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation formally concluded their combat role in the country in 2014, shifting to a support and counterterrorism mission.